Sunday, January 23, 2011

Eva Bandman - one year from today


Eva Bandman park in Louisville, Kentucky will be the venue for the 2012 and 2013 master's cyclocross world championships. I haven't seen an official schedule, but I suspect the 2012 event will be one year from today. The park is also the venue for the 2013 elite cyclocross world championships as well as an annual stop for the USGP series. It's cool to see a permanent cyclocross venue in the U.S. In fact, I am only aware of one other permanent public cyclocross venue, near Hamburg Germany. I raced there in 2007, lining up against the legendary Richard Groenendaal among others. For the record, he lapped me in under 30 minutes.

Eva Bandman park has great raw material for a cyclocross course - grass, pavement, a wooded section, a fair amount of silty natural sand as well as a man-made sand pit, and both natural and man-made hills.




I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment