Sunday, October 30, 2011

Washington park Halloween curse

Yes, the title says curse, not course. For the third year in a row, I had a mediocre race at Washington park in Milwaukee on Saturday. It was my worst race of 2009 and 2010, and I hope that will prove to be the case for 2011 as well.  It's a shame, too, because it's a really fun, challenging course in a beautiful city park and since it's always around Halloween weekend, there's always some fun holiday-themed features like using a casket as a barrier. And there are costumes, of course. Brian Matter was a very convincing Papa Smurf this year, and I wore my Bavarian huntsmen outfit. The lederhosen, wool knee socks, suspenders and thick flannel shirt with pewter buttons are neat, but a little restrictive to race in! Next year, I need a lycra-based costume... suggestions? It's always a challenge to find photos from Wisconsin 'cross races online, but hopefully I can add a couple of shots later.

My teammate David Reyes had a great race, finishing third in a very strong field!

11/5 Update: here's the only photo I could find in the online universe: lederhosen.

1 comment:

  1. Madcross.org and Peloton Star are great sources for Wisco CX photos

    ReplyDelete